4/18/2011

Siem Riep - Angkor Wat

After what seemed to be the slowest bus ride ever we got to Siem Riep. At that point we where all in need for drink and a night out. The day after where recovery day with a bit of planing for the next coming days. 
The biggest attraction around Siem Riep is Angkor Wat and all the temples around. Most of the people I had been speaking to who been to Angkor Wat said that one day was not enough to see everything. So I bought a three day ticket and rented a bike to bicycle between the temple sits.
The first day we where going to see the sunrise above Angkor Wat. I set my alarm for 04.30 and began my bicycle tour up to the temple in complete darkness. It took around 30 minutes to get there and at that time it was crowded with people.
We where waiting and waiting for the sunrise but soon realized that a sun rise won't going to happen this morning. 
After spending some time at Angkor Wat I took my bike and continued to to Angkor Thom and the other surrounding temples.
It's so amazing that they built all these amazing temples for their belief. 
The day went on and it was a lot of temples to see. On may way back a got a flat tire but thanks to an incredible man along the way the problem was solved in no time. 
After a day full of temple watching I must admit I was a bit tired of it. I started to wonder if I've made a mistake buying the three day ticket. 
I talked with the guys in my room and we decided to rent a tuk-tuk the following day and go to the temples further away and also visit the landmine and war museum. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the history of the country. 

Pictures will come soon just need to find a computer with a output for USB ( I thought all computers these days had one, guess what I really need is a computer that is not from the 90's) 

1 kommentar:

  1. Vad roligt att du ska komma tillbaka till oss! Eva berätta igår vilket utlöste glada tillrop. Njut nu av sista tiden på din makalösa resa.
    Kram Katarina

    SvaraRadera