6/08/2011

2011-03-23/24 Next place: Battambang


Two days of visiting temples and three days in Siem Riep is really enough and I couldn't get out of the town quick enough. 
There is two ways of getting to Battambang  it was eather by bus or boat. I chose the slower and  less comfortable option boat. The advantage is all the beautiful and amazing views of the countryside you'll see along the way. 
And YES, it was amazing. We got to see all these amazing floating villages (all the houses actually floats on the water)along the way but also regular villages along the river. Everyone we saw on the way was waiving and cheering at us. 
Although it wasn't that comfortable and afew times I was on my way jumping in the river and just swim the rest of the way. 9 hours is a long time on a wooden bench with an engine sounding like it was fighting for its life in full throttle. I was a  relief when I finally found my earplugs.
After 9 hours on the boat I was exhausted and couldn't wait to get a good night sleep.
The day after we took a tour on the bamboo railway before we got on the bus for Phnom Phen. 

2 kommentarer:

  1. iiiiii, det fanns ju fler inlägg nu :-)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Ja, jag måste väl föll följa det här projektet även om det inte känns så kul nu när allt blir så långt efter. Det kommer komma mera....

    SvaraRadera